Wednesday, July 20, 2011

See the Beauty in Everything



Artist Statement

A recent experience in our unit was the inspiration for this painting. A patient we cared for suffered from a cancer which affected her outer beauty, leaving her grossly disfigured. The process of caring for her day after day, month after month as she deteriorated was a painful process. The night she passed I painted this and although I did not realize this at the time, I believe I was subconsciously processing this experience, perhaps grieving, perhaps paying respect to her and to the inner beauty which lies within all of us.
Katie Kiley Suggs R.N.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://allpoetry.com/poem/10630941-But_Still_I_Smile-by-freeseeker

    ReplyDelete